At CytomX Therapeutics, we recognize that the success of our business depends on the excellence of our people. With this in mind, we are highly vested in the recruitment, training and development of our employees.
We are looking for exceptional candidates who are dedicated to our corporate values and are interested in being a part of a team that is committed to developing a pipeline of innovative biologic products to treat major unmet medical needs.
If you would like to be considered for a position at CytomX Therapeutics, please contact us at
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate to support the efforts of our protease biology team. A background in research is required with experience in molecular biology, flow cytometry, and Octet/SPR. The successful candidate will work on designing and executing experiments across multiple areas of expertise including bacterial display systems and capillary electrophoresis. This will include effectively following established protocols, as well as development and application of new protocols as needed. The candidate will also be responsible for organization of team resources. The successful candidate will be expected to employ his/her excellent oral and written communication skills, be highly motivated, well-organized and capable of independent work in a collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will have a B.S. or a Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field. The individual will have a minimum of five years of experience in a research lab including actively participating in novel assay development. The candidate must be capable in a range of molecular biology techniques and have a working knowledge of flow cytometry. Additional Octet/SPR and next gen sequencing is desirable. Expertise in protease biology is a plus. The candidate must be productive in a dynamic, expanding research environment, thrive within a team, be able to communicate scientific information effectively, and be open to and capable of learning new skills efficiently. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to align daily work with project needs are crucial.
The Director, Alliance Management is an internal and external advocate for CytomX’s big pharma and biotech partnerships. Duties include the following: lead the ongoing successful implementation and management of multiple corporate partnerships; ensure adherence and execution to deal terms and obligations; and provide guidance and assistance to collaboration teams to meet their objectives. The Director, Alliance Management is a driver of goal achievement throughout all phases of the alliance life-cycle.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development and Alliance Management, you will play a significant lead role in managing relationships between CytomX’s management team and our corporate partners by establishing a high level of trust and credibility within both organizations. You will provide point of contact support while managing cross-functional issues and teams, and will maintain and foster a collaborative working relationship between all parties. In addition, the Director of Alliance Management will focus and show leadership on matters that require joint consensus by gaining internal CytomX alignment with various stakeholders, resulting in strong alignment with our partners.
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of CytomX’s pharma/biotech relationships and be the key point of contact for all partner interactions post contract signing.
- Ensure that partnership strategies and decisions are implemented at the operational level and that plans and actions are consistent with the alliance strategy.
- Manage the overall governance of partnerships and organize Joint Steering Committee meetings.
- Recognize and address potential conflicts at an early stage, support resolution of those issues, and if needed, ensure joint escalation based on agreed protocols and procedures.
- Partner with the Vice President of Business Development and Alliance Management, officers on the management team, and all other corporate functions including Research and Development, Legal, and Finance in order to ensure successful implementation and management of external partnerships.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Relevant degree, with strong emphasis in business and life sciences. Graduate degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years in the bio-pharmaceutical industry in alliance management of partnerships post-deal execution, with an emphasis on pre-commercial companies with global pharmaceutical partnerships.
- Track record of successful execution with significant, value-creating alliances.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and individual companies, drug development, drug discovery, regulatory process, therapeutic markets, licensing and patents, networking and persuasion with third parties.
- Listening and perception skills that lead to a solid understanding of partnership needs and expectations.
- Financial acumen and understanding of financial planning, forecasting and accounting preferred, but not required.
- Superior communication, influencing, and collaboration skills, both verbal and written. You must be able to tell a coherent story and connect with internal and external partners in a credible and persuasive manner.
- Strong strategic and analytical problem solving skills that leads to positive and productive relationship outcomes.
- Expected 25% travel
The Manager/Senior Manager, Business Development plays a key role in meeting corporate development objectives towards optimizing our development pipeline via creation of transformative partnerships.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development and Alliance Management, you will play a key role in identifying, evaluating and championing new collaboration opportunities. You will support the role and vice president in identifying, structuring and negotiating collaboration with large pharmaceutical and biotech companies. This high-profile role will also be responsible for leading in-licensing activities, including assessment of in-licensing needs, asset identification and collaboration structuring.
- Support all business development communications with potential partners including initial presentations, diligence visits, deal negotiations and other activities needed to complete partnerships transactions.
- Prepare financial models to support deal negotiations.
- Assist in corporate strategic planning processes.
- Work in collaboration with R&D leadership to develop a network of academic key opinion leaders to serve as consultants for business development opportunities, product assessments, clinical development plans, and competitive intelligence. Identify, analyze, and execute new in-licensing programs to support CytomX’s overall corporate objectives.
- Represent CytomX at scientific and partnering conferences.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Relevant degree, with strong emphasis in business and life sciences. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in the bio-pharmaceutical industry in business development, investment banking/ research, strategic consulting or investing.
- Solid financial modeling skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical problem-solving skills that leads to creative and efficient outcomes.
- Track record of assistance with significant, value-creating transactions.
- Proficiency in preparing presentation materials. Superior communication, influencing, and negotiation skills, both verbal and written. You must be able to tell a coherent story and connect with internal and external stakeholders in a persuasive manner.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and individual companies, drug development and discovery, sales and marketing of therapeutic agents, therapeutic markets, licensing and patents, and networking and persuasion with third parties.
- Listening and perception skills that lead to a solid understanding of potential partnership needs and expectations.
- Expected 25% - 50% travel.
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate to support the efforts of our histology/IHC lab. A background in research is preferred with experience with both frozen and FFPE tissue. The successful candidate will utilize his/her skills in sectioning and immunohistochemistry (IHC) staining to support various research projects and development programs. This will include effectively following established protocols, as well as development and application of new protocols as needed. The individual should have strong multi-tasking skills, as many projects are on-going at once, and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment is essential.
The successful candidate will have a B.S. in Biology or a related field. The individual will have a minimum of three years of experience in a histology lab including actively participating in tissue sectioning (both frozen and FFPE), and method development of IHC and IF protocols. Must be thoroughly competent in all aspects of IHC optimization, validation and troubleshooting. Additional imaging and image interpretation experience is desirable. ASCP certification is preferred. Expertise in protease biology is a plus. Effective communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to align daily work with project needs are crucial.
Application Process: Please send resume to email@example.com and reference “RA/SRA, Histology (Temp)” in the subject line. Local candidates only.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced research leader with expertise in the area of protein and antibody engineering. The successful candidate will lead a research team focused on identifying and optimizing antibody leads for transformation into Probodies, integrating CytomX’s platform technologies in mask discovery and substrate discovery to produce Probody candidates, and developing novel Probody formats to support the internal product pipeline as well as partnered projects.
This individual should have a strong background in values-based leadership, with experience in the development and application of molecular diversity techniques (e.g. phage display) for antibody/protein engineering, structure/function analysis, and manufacturability assessment. Experience in hybridoma/B-cell antibody discovery, humanization and affinity-maturation is also required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining molecular engineering and biochemical characterization strategies
- Collaborating with project teams, partners and CROs to select lead antibodies
- Managing resources for the timely development of Probody candidates
- Design and evaluation of novel Probody formats
- Presenting results within the company and at outside conferences
- Interfacing with appropriate partners, key opinion leaders, and CROs
The successful applicant will have a Ph.D. in biology, chemistry, or a related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience leading therapeutic projects in an industrial laboratory setting, with a strong publication record in top-tier journals in the areas of antibody or protein engineering. The successful candidate must also have a successful track record of managing and developing Ph.D.-level scientists and, through team-based approaches, have proven to be highly effective in protein engineering innovation as well as the advancement of biotherapeutic development candidates. Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment are essential.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Director, Protein Engineering” in the subject line.
Notice to Recruiters/Staffing Agencies:
Recruiters and staffing agencies should not contact CytomX Therapeutics through this page. We require that all recruiters and staffing agencies have a signed contract on file. Any resumes submitted through the web site or directly by recruiters or staffing agencies will be considered unsolicited and the company will not be responsible for any related fees.