At CytomX Therapeutics, we recognize that the success of our business depends on the excellence of our people. With this in mind, we are highly vested in the recruitment, training and development of our employees.
We are looking for exceptional candidates who are dedicated to our corporate values and are interested in being a part of a team that is committed to developing a pipeline of innovative biologic products to treat major unmet medical needs.
If you would like to be considered for a position at CytomX Therapeutics, please contact us at
The Manager/Senior Manager, Business Development plays a key role in meeting corporate development objectives towards optimizing our development pipeline via creation of transformative partnerships.
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development and Alliance Management, you will play a key role in identifying, evaluating and championing new collaboration opportunities. You will support the role and vice president in identifying, structuring and negotiating collaboration with large pharmaceutical and biotech companies. This high-profile role will also be responsible for leading in-licensing activities, including assessment of in-licensing needs, asset identification and collaboration structuring.
- Support all business development communications with potential partners including initial presentations, diligence visits, deal negotiations and other activities needed to complete partnerships transactions.
- Prepare financial models to support deal negotiations.
- Assist in corporate strategic planning processes.
- Work in collaboration with R&D leadership to develop a network of academic key opinion leaders to serve as consultants for business development opportunities, product assessments, clinical development plans, and competitive intelligence. Identify, analyze, and execute new in-licensing programs to support CytomX’s overall corporate objectives.
- Represent CytomX at scientific and partnering conferences.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Relevant degree, with strong emphasis in business and life sciences. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in the bio-pharmaceutical industry in business development, investment banking/ research, strategic consulting or investing.
- Solid financial modeling skills.
- Strong strategic and analytical problem-solving skills that leads to creative and efficient outcomes.
- Track record of assistance with significant, value-creating transactions.
- Proficiency in preparing presentation materials. Superior communication, influencing, and negotiation skills, both verbal and written. You must be able to tell a coherent story and connect with internal and external stakeholders in a persuasive manner.
- Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and individual companies, drug development and discovery, sales and marketing of therapeutic agents, therapeutic markets, licensing and patents, and networking and persuasion with third parties.
- Listening and perception skills that lead to a solid understanding of potential partnership needs and expectations.
- Expected 25% - 50% travel.
Notice to Recruiters/Staffing Agencies:
Recruiters and staffing agencies should not contact CytomX Therapeutics through this page. We require that all recruiters and staffing agencies have a signed contract on file. Any resumes submitted through the web site or directly by recruiters or staffing agencies will be considered unsolicited and the company will not be responsible for any related fees.